If you are your partner are planning to tie the knot this year, there is much to organise and the reception venue is a critical choice, which should have all the amenities you require. As you would expect, there are quite a few hotels and resorts that cater for wedding parties, and with that in mind, here are a few tips to help you make an informed decision when booking a wedding venue.
- Great Reputation – A successful wedding venue would have many rave reviews, which would be found on their website and reading positive comments from couples who hosted their reception gives you some confidence that the management know what they are doing. Checking online reviews is essential, as this is the only way you can know about the service in general.
- Book Early – Wedding venues in Sydney are very busy in the spring and summer, so as soon as you know your dates, you should be looking at venues and making a booking. It would be a shame if you had to settle for your second choice because you delayed making the reservation, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Think about Recommendations – If you know someone who was recently married, why not ask them where they had the party and what they thought about the service? You might be lucky and are given a rave review and a contact number, so do ask people you know about their wedding experience.
- Working to your Budget – In these troubling times, the venue might be quieter than usual and may well be open to price negotiation, which could save you some money that you can use for the honeymoon. Most venues offer wedding packages, although they are prepared to go with your theme and are flexible most of the time, always ready to do what they can to make your day a truly special one.
- Client Focused – Any wedding venue that is client-focused will ensure that your wedding day is one to be remembered for all the right reasons and nothing should be too much trouble, you would be assigned an event manager and this is the person who arranges everything as you would like it.
Geeting married is not something you do every day and your choice of resort or hotel to host the reception is an important one. Start your search with Google and create a shortlist of suitable venues that you can tour; only then can you make an informed decision.